Physical Intervention and Conflict Management
All employees who have to face risks to their personal safety from customers or service users.
Aim and Course Overview:
The Trojan Training Basic Physical intervention course raises understanding of the background and potential risks associated with dealing with potentially violent people. Employees will learn skills to enable them to conduct a ‘Dynamic Risk Assessment’ and to manage their own verbal and non-verbal skills in order to calm confrontations. This session will cover theory and practical demonstrations, roleplay elements and also demonstration and practice of some basic self defence techniques, so candidates are invited to attend in comfortable clothing rather than formal business attire.
Trojan Training Objectives and benefits:
By the end of the ‘Basic Physical Intervention Training Course’ course participants will be able to:
- Identify why people get angry and aggressive
- Recognise different stages of conflict escalation
- Undertake a dynamic ‘Personal Safety Risk Assessment’
- Manage the safety risks they face
- Understand how they respond to anger and aggression
- Demonstrate skills they can use to calm a situation
- Identify the fastest ways to places of safety
- Contingency planning and critical incidents
- The aftermath of a critical incident and business continuity
- Personal positioning during an incident
- Avoidance and self-defensive strategies
- Basic self-defence
- Knowledge of the law and its practical application
Trojan Training Basic Physical Intervention Training Course Duration:
This course is run over a full day from 0930 to 1600 hrs broken down into roughly six 40 minute periods.
Fixed price for up to 15 delegates anywhere in the UK. The Trojan Training Physical Intervention Training course content is bespoke and tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
Interested in our courses
Call: 0208 150 003
36 Cross Lane
0208 150 003